Happy In Bag

Friday, December 07, 2007

Plowed











It's too easy to mock life in Johnson County. I should know- I do it with tiresome frequency. Yet I was reminded of the upside to living in a relatively comfortable and prosperous community last night. As I tried to get to sleep, a snow plow noisily circled my block for almost thirty minutes. It was complete overkill. Only an inch of snow had fallen. When the first significant snow arrives my neighbors and I won't have any excuse to stay home.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    It is better than a police helicopter and mutiple squad cars descending on the neighborhood at 6in the morning.

    That happened here the other day at dawn as I was getting ready for the work day.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Yikes! Maybe you shouldn't have held up that convenience store, BGO.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger The Tao said…

    His waistline can't be bigger than Emil Brown's. And he's better at baseball, if not life...

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    Well, HIB, I needed the cash.

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger pom. said…

    Oh man, you're broken? I had no idea!

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I'm damaged goods, Pom.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    I just drove through tonight's weather this morning coming back from a short trip to Hays. Best to have provisions for the morrow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home