Happy In Bag

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rich Hippies










I first heard the word "trustafarian" when I visited Boulder in the '80s. The concept has since become common currency- the bohemian wastrel backed by unlimited funding. I'd be lying if I claimed that my return to the Colorado college town last weekend didn't leave me feeling jealous. I was so charmed by the area's luxurious decadence that I looked into real estate. This home, located directly across the street from a Mercedes dealership in a Boulder suburb, lists for over half a million dollars. I guess I'll stay in Kansas.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    live up the road in Nederland, eat breakfast every morning at The Shining Star, then roar down Boulder Canyon for work...


    i'm jes' sayin.

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Nice! Have a spare bedroom?

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hib

    ...used to did.

    'course, also used to be young and thin. now i'm mostly thick and fractious.

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger GB, RN said…

    Denver used to be a nice place to live.

    Then Californians came and ruined it for everyone else.

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    Fell in love with CO a long time ago, shoulda stayed before life got in the way.... I so wanted to buy Fogelberg's mansion out in Pagosa Springs after he died, but none of my lottery tickets ever hit. Half a mil, 15 mil, if ya ain't got it, it's kinda all the same. Darn the luck.

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i should have stayed in Nederland.

    i should have also never dumped Sade.

    go figure.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home