Happy In Bag

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Shotgun











I read Charles Gusewelle's lovely essay about the joys of feeding birds in winter with great interest. As a fellow geezer, I share this pastime with Gusewelle. I'm unable, however, to view all birds in the same light. I admire "my" woodpeckers and male cardinals. But I want to eradicate the foul species that attempt to push these desirable birds aside. If I could ensure that the police wouldn't be summoned and that no neighbors would be harmed, I'd commence firing at grackles and starlings immediately.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Joel said…

    Shouldn't that be "fowl species"? Ha!

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger GunDiva said…

    I have the same feeling about those flying critters. Just can't stand 'em.

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    Don't mess with my best buddies the crows. You do and you're toast. I have a special bond with them just like I do with cicada killers.

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Crows aren't allowed to cross the border into Johnson County, BGO.

    Thanks, GD.

    Good one, Joel.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Elmer said…

    Yikes..the world is getting a bit dicey when we are discussing which breeds of cold and starving birds we would like to exterminate.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    No mercy, Elmer! Before they all froze to death, er, flew away, a day or two ago, the snow in my yard was completely yellow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home