Happy In Bag

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Monday School

I have mixed feelings about the Kansas school funding crisis being averted for 2005-06. In yesterday’s special session, legislators allocated the additional money mandated by the state Supreme Court. Public schools will open on time in a few weeks.

Anticipating a lockout, I’d done some initial research into registering as a home school. It seems as if claiming religious exemption is the easiest way- certainly it’s the path of least resistance- to receive official home school accreditation from the state.

And man, that appears to be one wacky evangelical-riddled underworld. I had even convinced myself that swapping teaching tips with all stripes of fundamentalists would spell good times.

So I have another year- until the next inevitable funding crisis- to organize the Church of Happy In Bag Home School.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home