Happy In Bag

Friday, February 10, 2006

Don't Touch My Lo Mein

Is it called China Buffet? Or is Oriental Feast? The Chinese food buffet on 39th Street between Southwest Trafficway and State Line posts conflicting signs. What I know for certain is that discriminating diners of large girth, myself included, really appreciate the establishment’s cuisine. The popular $6.50 lunch is not for calorie counters. None of the standard dishes are significantly better than what’s available at the ten similar establishments in Kansas City, but they’re all more than palatable. My favorite is the beef and jalapeno offering. If you go, however, please stay out of the way of us big boys.

* * * * *

I met my reader at Mike’s Tavern last night. In addition to being urbane and handsome, he’s a minor local celebrity. We had a good time. Still, if anyone else from the Happy In Bag world happened to be there, I apologize for using my "crazy hair" as a reference. While it draws open disdain at the grocery store, it certainly didn’t stand out at Mike’s. And I was very pleased to note that attendance for the UMKC jazz mixer was much improved over last week.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the kind words, o gracious HIB. And thanks for the beer. Come to think of it, free beer may be jazz's only hope. Maybe the Jazz Ambassadors should give that a whirl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home