Happy In Bag

Monday, August 20, 2007

My Favorite Bar











My favorite place to enjoy a beer looks nothing like Harper's, a sleek new establishment at 18th & Vine. No, my ideal watering hole is just around this corner, and it's not nearly as attractive. Furthermore, the special set of circumstances that make me love it only exists from 4:30-8:30 p.m. on Fridays. What does it take to satisfy my admittedly particular needs? Here's a partial list:
*No cover.
*No smoking.
*Intimate setting.
*Diverse clientele.
*World-class live music.
*Historic sense of place.
*Convenient matinee time.
*Fair wine and beer prices.
*Friendly, personable staff.
I don't mind having the place almost all to myself, but The Mutual Musicians Foundation's "Rush Hour" deserves better. If you're still curious, here's how it went last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home