Happy In Bag

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tube











There are two televisions in my home. One was practically state-of-art when it was purchased in 1989. Its 26" screen still works fine after it warms up. The other, slightly larger, appliance was acquired in the late '90s. Only when I watch sports in a tavern do I give any thought to upgrading at home. These newfangled high-definition flat screens are spectacular. Even so, I'm not prepared to allocate funds for a new TV just so I can see every bead of sweat on a basketball player's face.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    I'm keeping track of my mine Dex.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous KC Lowlife said…

    Yeah, I've got a 8 year old 32" that I'm keeping around as my primary viewing device. A nifty new TV would be nice but there are so many other things I need to spend that money on.

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy... you know you want to. go ahead and take the plunge. you won't be sorry. - mike t.

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Time Warner said…

    Just remember Hap...you have to upgrade your cable system as well.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    No, no, no. You don't HAVE to upgrade cable unless you truly want all the HD channels. Our old TV went out last week & we got a nice new flat thing. Picks up the local HD just fine and the cable in non-HD looks as good as it always did, just not sweat rivulet viewingly precise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home