Happy In Bag

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Perishable













A Japanese tourist once accompanied me on an ordinary shopping trip to a grocery store on Wornall Road.  He was astounded by the aisles of abundance.  His reaction reminded me that the multitude of processed food to we've become accustomed shouldn't be taken for granted.  Even so, I was taken aback by the empty bins and limited selection of perishable goods at the Hy-Vee between Lamar and Metcalf on 91st Street during the store's final day of business last Saturday.  The friendly service, inexpensive meats and solid selection of ethnic foods had made the location my preferred grocery store.  I'm going to miss it.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Gary said…

    Drove by it yesterday and thought it was recognizing New Years Day. I actually live closer to the new one on 95th and Antioch. Yay, another empty building on or near Metcalf. *sigh*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home