Happy In Bag

Thursday, September 20, 2007

(I Hope) This Tastes Like Dogfood















Most everyone has encountered an impoverished person filling their shopping cart with dog food because it's the least expensive item in the market. Those days are gone. I stumbled into this refrigerated case of gourmet dogfood at Hy-Vee yesterday. The manufacturer's promotional video claims that "it's like serving your dog a fresh home-cooked meal every day." Are you kidding me? (Hypocrisy alert: I bought at twenty-pound bag of birdseed for five dollars. Yes, I feed wild animals.)

6 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    From past comments I know YOU DO NOT feed squirrels.

    We feed them as well as the birds that visit our backyard.

    Bgo

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I cringe each time I see "squirrel food" stocked next to the birdseed, BGO. The squirrels that dare scale my birdfeeders serve as an excuse to use my trusty Red Rider. Don't worry- when my aim is true they just turn around and glare at me.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The last act I did before Leaving my home in KC was to fill the birdfeeder. It felt good to leave food behind for the birds who had given me so much enjoyment.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My wife and I use that dog food as a supplement to our five greyhounds nightly meal of kibble. It is better for them than getting table scraps.

    Oh, and I feed my military macaw seeds, nuts, fruit, veggies, and whatever I might happen to be eating because he can remove a finger if he feels like it. Its best to keep him happy.

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Spyder said…

    I feed the birds too. The squirrels are so brasen. When I see them wrapped around the feeders I knock on the window. I swear they turn & give me the bird.

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That gourmet dog food is actually kinda tasty. Too expensive, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home