Happy In Bag

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Greg Beck










It's all Greg Beck's fault. When I first considered creating my own blog, it was his Death's Door that convinced me to enter the fray. While Happy In Bag is the polar opposite of Greg's work, the fact that such a funny, smart and worldly guy maintained a blog made the process seem acceptable. And as I asserted both on his site and mine, Death's Door is the best blog in town. His entries on "Monkey Island" and the marriage of his best friend are particularly notable. So it always pleased me when Greg added his knowledge and opinions to a discussion. For example, he shares his encyclopedic knowledge of Kansas City bar history here. It was back when Greg worked in those establishments that I first met him. Greg died earlier this week.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    Damn.

    I'm feeling sad.

    I'd forgotten about that thread where the nightlife used to exist in my town. Forgotten I'd even contributed to it. That is what a love affair with the bottle will do. Years ago I'd be in the company of Mr. Beck many a night, and he was a gentle bear of a man.

    moose & squirrel
    aka Bgo

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Greg enjoyed the occasional cocktail as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home