Happy In Bag

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Old School? Try Ancient










The counter staff at La Sala's is so gruff that they could take charm school classes from the greeters at Gates. They're alternately surly and exasperated with one another and their customers. It's well worth it- I've never purchased a sandwich at La Sala's that wasn't delicious. Few joints in Kansas City are less pretentious or more satisfying. La Sala's doesn't have a web site, of course, but the unitiated can find the Columbus Park diner a block away from the original Garozzo's.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger The DLC said…

    Way to catch the guy dumping the bag of chips into his mouth! I've always wanted to try La Sala's but they are closed on weekends which is when I'm always down there. But that's another frustratingly charming old school trait, I suppose.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    When I was there I noticed that all male employees/owners sported a Godfather/Sopranos style haircut.I even wondered how they explain what they want at the barber shop. Or maybe there is a place that specializes in these.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    I have been going to La Sala's for over 30 years. Boy, do I feel old.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home