Happy In Bag

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oracles











Any town in which one of the world's wealthiest men chooses to abide in a relatively modest suburban house has a good thing going. I was struck by the positive, unpretentious outlook exhibited by the residents of Omaha during my brief visit to the Nebraska town earlier this week. Even at Slowdown, a music venue with as "cool" a pedigree as any establishment in the Midwest, the club's owners, staff and patrons were refreshingly modest. Given a choice between living in Omaha or Los Angeles, I'd select the former.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Never been to LA, but never wanted to live there either... don't think I even want to visit all that much either.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I spend a few days a year in L.A., Logtar. I love the action and the energy but I despise the attitude and the hassle.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    LA and the surrounding area was fun to visit, but live there? I gripe about commuting 30-45 minutes each way now. I couldn't hack being on those 24 lane monstrosities a couple of hours a day.... On the first day, God rented a car in LA and he thought it would be good. On the second day he created Prozac.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home