Happy In Bag

Friday, February 06, 2009

Don't Tug On Souperman's Cape
















I like to think of myself as a pretty decent cook. When I invest the time and effort I can usually come up with a hearty and delicious meal. In fact, my best creations are often very similar to the fare served at Souperman. That's why eating at the popular downtown restaurant sometimes frustrates me. "I made something just like this last week," I think. And I wonder if my chili isn't superior to theirs. The difference is that Souperman efficiently cranks out the offerings on their extensive menu with good cheer. I can't always say the same for myself.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    Black beans and chorizo? Sounds good. Not my concept of the perfect chili. Then again, I never make chili the same way twice. My most recent effort was a fabulous pozole rojo.

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    I like Souperman but if you are better maybe I am eating at the wrong place

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Please don't misunderstand- I like Souperman. It's just that they specialize in the same type of grub that I make at home.

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    It's the "I can do that" syndrome. Musicians and cooks are the worst.
    Pardon me, I have to go change strings and make the gnocchi now....

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    RG, I'm afraid, is correct.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    I know too many people who *can* do "that". It is a matter of consistency.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    SHAMELESS PLUG

    Come see a bunch of "I can do that" musicians for a concert at The Village Church on Sunday, 2/15 @ 7pm. Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet. A Rachmaninov piano concerto. I'll be the guy hiding behind his tuba.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home