Happy In Bag

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Excuse Me, Sir











"Excuse me, sir," the young man said apprehensively as he tapped my shoulder. I smiled at the fresh-faced kid and his friends as we stood outside the Sprint Center. I immediately sensed that they were from Iowa or central Kansas and had come to Kansas City for the Lil Wayne concert. "Can you tell me what time the bars close?" So, it's come to that. Not only am I a "Sir," I also look like I'd know the answer to that kind of derelict question. "Three o'clock," I responded.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    "I think once you stop hearing sir and madam the rest is soon to follow."--Ed Tom Bell

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    Ah, come on. Nobody over at the Mutual Musicians Foundation called you "sir"?

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Betty Crow at the MMF knows my name, UL. Someday she'll see www.plasticsax.com.

    Well put, BGO.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    HIB, I can't take credit. That goes to Cormac McCarthy, Tommy Lee Jones and the Coen Brothers. NCFOM is one of my all time favorite films now.

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    btw, hib, what part of kansas did you grow up in?

    heh

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    The family reunion this summer is in Hutch.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    well, hib, if you bump into my old friend Fred Olanzo (yes Mexicans have lived in KS forever and a day) please say hello, from 'stretch'. i like newton better LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home