Happy In Bag

Thursday, January 08, 2009

A Dish Served Cold











It's no secret that I love Waldo Pizza. But for thick, Chicago-style pies I recommend The Dish in Liberty. Fatties foodies need no longer take a trip on I-29 to partake. Vacuum-sealed pizzas from The Dish are now available on the frozen food aisles of local grocery stores. And they're good. But get ready for sticker shock. I can't decide which option is wiser- ordering inferior but ostensibly fresh pizza from a delivery company or going with the frozen version of the area's best deep dish pizza.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    Never cared for deep dish pizza. Never will.

    We live pretty close to Waldo Pizza so they deliver to our door. I love St. Louis style and I believe Phil's and Co. blows Imo's away. However, I rate Johnny C's right up there with Waldo Pizza. I just don't like to drive that far for pizza though.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    bgo - they have a good thin crust too.

    The Dish is kinda the bomb.com

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    Erin, yeah, I know about their thin crust and it is available frozen too. We've had it and it is decent. I like their Chicago Hot Beef Roll though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home