Happy In Bag

Monday, May 18, 2009

The Hounds of Heck










I don't comprehend the dithering about the necessity of culling the deer population at an area park. Are we really that soft? My frustration is exacerbated by another varmint infestation. Thousands of rabbits are underfoot. Thankfully, I have an easy solution. I propose that all dog owners not feed their pets for a day or two and that a brief moratorium on leash laws be enacted. The rabbit problem will be gone in no time. If any lap dogs are lost in the process, well, that's just a bonus.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Buggs said…

    Wow...that's mean and heartless.

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    If deer only took after us lemmings

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's noticed it! The bunnies seem to be taking over, dammit!

    More power to 'em if they hang out in our yard. My youngest puppy managed to bring a baby bunny into the house when he was only about 6 months old...I can only imagine what his hyper ass might do to one he manages to catch now that he's a year and a half old!

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I guess you could say I'm not really an animal person, Buggs.

    I would SO watch that video, UL.

    I considered showing a shot of a massive rabbit excavation under my house, Faith, but the image of the dog's behind made me laugh more. Tell that hound of yours to get to work.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    My Cairn Terrier keeps the chipmunk and rabbit population.. ummm.. under rock and crevice at the least. The smart bunnies frolic in the next yard over. The rat.. er.. chihuahua is much too fat to threaten even a rodent like the lemming.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    My puppy, Dirk, insists that I clarify. The "rat" is the inhabitant of the next yard over.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home