Happy In Bag

Friday, February 04, 2011

BĂȘte Noire
















I'm currently reading a dense history of France. It's engrossing, in part because I'm embarrassingly unfamiliar with much of the material. (How is it possible that I'd never heard the incredible story of Heloise and Abelard?) Even so, for the first time in my life, I'm wholly unsatisfied with the printed page. This passage represented the final straw:

In his chateau on the Loire, he lived openly with his beautiful mistress, Agnes Sorel of the legendary and much-painted breasts, known as la dame de beaute...

I apologize for being such a despicable 21st-century pig, but that's instant put-the-book-down-in-favor-of-Google Image stuff. All historical references, ideally, should offer instant access to further investigation. I guess I need to start saving my pennies for an iPad.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    History of France in a form of comic book? I think we can make some money on this.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Castration! Flagellation! Persecution! Plague! Let's make a death metal soundtrack for the comic book as well.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Dips Recipes said…

    Great blog I enjoyed reading it

     

Post a Comment

<< Home