Happy In Bag

Monday, December 26, 2005

I Love It, But He's Not My Neighbor

In many ways, I prefer the willful eccentricity of the "Christmas" house in Prairie Village to the Plaza lights. Alternately eerie and festive, it represents a unique, individual vision. An otherwise normal residence is completely transformed every December into a spectacular display of lights, elves, animals, Santas, and toy soldiers. Many figures continually jerk in an creepy, robotic dance. Santa’s workshop is in the home’s garage. A creche lords over the north section of the yard. I’m just so grateful not to live next door.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    That's funny. We always called it "Christmas In Comicville." But that is another one of those things that I'm realizing my parents told me that may have been wrong. Like how my mom said not to eat the leaves of strawberries because they are poisonous. I wouldn't let one touch my lips until I was 25.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home