Happy In Bag

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

As P.V. Turns















If you’ve ever seen a television soap opera, you’ll know many scenes are shot in a set designer’s idea of an upscale restaurant. There’s usually dark wood, hanging lamps, a bar, and a fern or two. The Blue Moose looks exactly like that. I wouldn’t have been surprised if a film crew materialized yesterday while I dined at the Prairie Village bar and grill. The Blue Moose is going for an upscale Houston’s feel, but instead comes across as a wildly overpriced Applebee’s. The food is acceptable. The service is woefully spotty. I understand that the place does good business with the divorced singles crowd late at night. I’ll have to catch up on As the World Turns to verify this rumor.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    I love it that you take your camera with you when you "dine."
    :)
    Keep it coming.
    By the way, though I live within walking distance of the blue moose, I have never tried it because I have heard the your exact sentiments several times. It's too bad, because I really, really would like it to be good...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home