Happy In Bag

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My Name Is Eve, I'll Be Your Server













I love eating the flesh of dead animals. Almost all my favorite Kansas City restaurants- including Marrakesh Cafe, Oklahoma Joe’s and Gates Bar.B.Q.- specialize in meat. The exceptions are Eden Alley and Blue Bird Bistro. While Bluebird is hip, Eden Alley is located in a church basement on the Plaza. The sound of the sanctuary's Montessori school emanates from a thin partition during lunch. Yet at Eden Alley, eating your vegetables is a pleasure, not a chore. Delicious food and positive energy are served in heaping portions. Just look at that beet salad.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have any of the pastas become a permananent part of the menu at Eden Alley? Boyfriend and I used to go quite a lot, but the pasta is about the only thing I can eat there - my back up is tomato bisque + potato. That isn't the reason we stopped going altogether - parking had something to do with it, as did the hours. I especially miss el Diablo pasta! Please report back! :D

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Panos:

    While I didn't order it, the big "push" dish the day I dined at Eden Alley last week was salmon cakes for $17.50. I opted for a salad, as did my companion. I don't recall any pastas.

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Argh! That place is just a little to veg for me without dependable pastas. Even the salads are strange.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home