Happy In Bag

Thursday, February 23, 2006

We've Gone About As Far As We Can Go











Wednesday’s Star reported on an initiative by the Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association to train and recruit volunteer "ambassadors." Taxi drivers, bartenders and other people who regularly come into contact with visitors would be trained about Kansas City’s attractions. Graduates of the program- tests are involved- will receive a "KC Ambassador" lapel pin.

As much as I covet that pin, I think I'm going to take a pass. Instead, I’ll offer the convention bureau this photo I took last month. They’re free to use it in their promotional literature.

These two conventioneers are leaving Bartle Hall. They don't seem to be especially pleased with their surroundings, even though that panhandler didn't hassle them. I suspect the woman is already planning a proposal to hold next year's meetings in San Diego.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home