Happy In Bag

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

This Guilt Is Bugging Me










Have you ever felt sorry for an insect? I feel guilty after repeatedly destroying a wasp’s construction site over the last couple days. My cruelty is justified. The winged menace decided to build just inches from my favorite spot in my backyard. After removing each nest's foundation I beat a hasty retreat to watch the wasp buzz frantically about. The wasp seems reluctant to accept that its tireless work has been in vain. I can tell the wasp is tiring; it didn’t even try to sting me when I stole this effort a few minutes ago.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    What you need to do is break the wasp's spirits. Let him complete, or nearly complete, his nest. Then go and destroy it. When he see's his hard work destroyed after nearly being complet, he'll skulk away crying and probably decide life isn't worth living.

    Yeah, wasps don't fuck with me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home