Happy In Bag

Monday, August 21, 2006

Gimme the Scissors
















It starts with a little red sports car.

After purchasing the vehicle, middle-aged men join fitness clubs with an emphasis on social interaction. They run up debt as they haunt singles bars. They lose their jobs because of their erratic behavior. In the end, the men leave their wives and children for sad little bachelor apartments.

That’s my experience with men in their 40s and 50s who buy these vehicles.

I’m sure there are plenty of exceptions, and in many cases it’s an innocent act of rebellion. But I still can’t help myself from mocking these guys as I spot them tooling around town desperately hoping to recapture their lost teen spirit.

So I was deeply amused when I spotted the unintentional irony of this "spay & neuter" license plate frame on this little convertible. Please- can I do the honors?

(For the record, I did not see the driver of this vehicle. It might be a teenage girl or an elderly woman. In any case, I’m sure he or she possesses none of the traits and mannerisms I detail above.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home