Happy In Bag

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Profiling













Why won’t that black pickup truck let me merge? That black SUV just blew by at 85 miles per hour! Look at the black truck tailgate that Lincoln!

It seems to me that the drivers of black pickups and SUVs are disproportionately obnoxious drivers. I theorize that jerks tend to favor big black vehicles in some sort of compensatory Darth Vader/Oakland Raider-style anti-societal statement.

Of course, not every driver of a black truck or SUV is a creep. And there are certainly plenty of reprobates driving other types of vehicles. But they'd prefer something in black.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    I have a theory that people who take pictures of other cars while driving on the freeway are disproportionately obnoxious.

    Just a theory, though.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Good one, Emaw! Not that it matters, but I-70 was at a crawl at that moment due to an overturned car. A black SUV was probably responsible.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    Yeah, I'm just bustin' your chops. Believe me, I've been in that situation where traffic is moving slower than Larry Moore on quaaludes.

    It does give you a lot of time to do stuff like make cellphone calls, take pictures and contemplate the finer points of picking your nose while in your car on the interstate (hypothetically, of course).

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    This is why I drive a white vehicle.

    That way, other drivers don't realize that I'm a complete asshat filled with road rage until I'm right up on 'em.

    Gives me the element of surprise!

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A few years back I travelled cross country by bicycle. Covered 24 states and driving patterns were different in each, but far and away the motor vehicles that gave me the most problems were black sports cars. And then red ones.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home