Happy In Bag

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Through Hail and Back












The doorway of the Grand Emporium was clogged last night. Folk-pop artist Brett Dennen had just finished performing and his merch table near the door was besieged by well-wishers. I pushed my way through the eager crowd, anxious to escape the smoky bar. But a second set of people had formed at the entrance. Hail was pounding Main Street. I made a mad dash for my car as hail peppered me. An advantage of driving an old beater is that I can afford to be cavalier about the hail damage. So I made my way home while most drivers caught in the storm took shelter under the awnings of bank drive-thrus and carwashes.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's some big hail! I guess the five or six inches of snow in Denver yesterday doesn't look so bad now.

    How was Brett Dennen? I've been wanting to see him perform.

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I write a little bit about Brett's show here. I'm all for drinking and smoking, but last night was a little much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home