Happy In Bag

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Good and Gristly











Weeds and trash litter the parking lot. The building is sagging and faded. Would you eat here? I did, and it was one of the best meals I've had in recent months. I can't stop thinking about the memorable sandwich. It seemed as if a frantic chef, unprepared for an actual customer, tossed random ingredients between two slices of toasted bread. Fat tomato slices, onion chunks and a Tabasco-laced sauce covered an enormous slab of breaded mystery meat. It looked inedible. It was delicious. The only drawback, aside from the sauce stains on my clothes, was the occasional mouthful of bony gristle. At least that's what I hope it was. I'm not proud, Blue Parkway restaurant. I'll be back.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    Where is this place? And what else of undetermined food items did they offer?

    bgo

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Oh, I'm sure you know it, BGO. I just don't want to name it. This location is on Blue Parkway. Italian steak and beef tenderloin sandwiches, double cheeseburgers, onion rings, etc.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    It's a chain right? And does the name Warren Buffett ring a bell? That location seems as if it has been there forever.

    bgo

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Not Dairy Queen! Here's a clue.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    I'm all turned around now. Forgot the previous post. Not many of these left in the area.

    I thought it was DQ but now I know it is not.

    bgo

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    oh and I guessed right before seeing the clue you posted...honest to gawd

    bgo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home