Happy In Bag

Monday, April 16, 2007

Tuning Pianos















I was a horse-and-buggy salesman. An expert in typewriter repair. A piano tuner. For years I made my living in jobs that no longer exist. It was even lucrative for a while. Most of my former employers have filed for bankruptcy. Because I loved my job and my industry, I stuck with it even after the writing on the wall had dried. I'm not especially bitter about getting trapped behind the curve. The same technology and everything-is-free concepts- things like this- that did me in are great for consumers. It's just tough on us piano tuners.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    I once was a top notch piano tuner.

    m&s

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Spyder said…

    Better than Tuna fish!

    Great meeting you tonight.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    HIB - Here is the link to the comment tracking app we discussed tonight.

    http://commentful.blogflux.com/

    Great meeting you tonight! We'll have to do that again!

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Don't I know it, BGO.

    Backatcha, Spyder.

    XO- Thanks, brother.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home