Happy In Bag

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hash It Out












Only at the end of the day did I fully appreciate my breakfast at Hash House a Go Go. The upscale restaurant opened in Kansas City, KS, three weeks ago. I was agitated as I sat in the shiny dining room. Loud construction sounds and a music rotation of Coldplay, R.E.M. and Sting made the long wait on the kitchen seem intolerable. And I couldn't believe I was spending $13 on breakfast. I started to see the attraction when my enormous skillet of meatloaf, potatoes, eggs and a biscuit arrived. It was clearly much better than what's on tap at Denny's or Perkins, but not beyond the scope of what an ambitious cook could toss together at home. Even as a big eater I could only down half the food. The contents of my carry-out box would become my dinner. (I was too full to eat lunch.)

3 Comments:

  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    For a few dollars more, and come any weekend, I could eat way better of a breakfast at any number of local brunches.

    bgo

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    The place is supposedly a big deal in Vegas and San Diego. Only time will tell if it pans out here.

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hash House makes Mickey D's super size portions look like a heart-healthy meal. Too much pedestrian food, coupled with lousy service and insufferably rude management (they said it was my fault an item listed on their menu wasn't available) it won't be long until this restaurant "buys the farm".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home