Happy In Bag

Thursday, January 24, 2008

moe.ronic


Back when I was working over eighty hours a week nothing filled me with terror more than the task of organizing performances by touring bands at retailers. So many things could go wrong that each successful event felt like a minor miracle. I only had a few Spinal Tap moments, including an awkward Roomful of Blues signing at the Music Exchange in Westport. Now that I'm unencumbered by such responsibilities, I relish allowing other people to sweat the details. Last night I caught popular jam band .moe at a Borders store in Overland Park. Artie Fufkin would have been pleased.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    Hmmmmm.... Spinal Tap or a riot? Spinal Tap or a riot? 12 people showing up for Peter Case or 600 people trampling each other when an Ice-T fan throws someone through a plate glass window? Gee, both have special places in my heart! Good times, good times.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Moe was in Overland Park and I missed it? How did that happen!!??

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I keep forgetting, RG, that I know you in real life! That Peter Case appearance was my doing, wasn't it?

    A good portion of the 300 or so at the show, WC, were text-happy hippie teens. I suspect that many of the kids heard about it that way.

    Also, my music blog might have given you a heads up:

    www.therestandstheglass.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home