Happy In Bag

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Over Easy










If it's good enough for the President of the United States, it's good enough for me. That was my reasoning for finally dining at Eggtc. on Main Street. I'd deliberately avoided the restaurant because I really miss the sweet potato fries and dark atmosphere of Jake Edwards Barbecue, the modest joint that prospered for years in the same space. I discovered that Eggtc. offers two key elements missing from the ubiquitous First Watch chain- namely a non-institutional feel and spicy food options. Bush was long gone by the time I made it to Eggtc., but I was pleased to spot Congressman Emanuel Cleaver, II, also enjoying the room's bright ambience.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Spyder said…

    I've had their pancake. Yum!

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They do really good work. Always hot, alot of options on the menu, and nice people.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home