Happy In Bag

Friday, May 23, 2008

Crude













Fifty-eight dollars and twenty-five cents! The damage incurred by filling up yesterday represents music I won't purchase, Boulevard I won't consume and a new book I can't afford. I was so stunned that I drove off without replacing my sedan's gas cap. A good Samaritan notified me of my error a few blocks from the filling station. When I turned on to a side street, the cap slid off the trunk, rolled along a gutter and dropped into a sewer well. Too fat burly to squeeze inside the revolting chamber, I was forced to recruit an associate to retrieve the cap.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    Murphy's Law.

    Gas...$4 a gallon
    Fill-up... $50
    Sewer diving.... priceless

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Spyder said…

    Just bought a locking cap for the pickup!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    Expect to pay a few more dollars next time, HIB, the price is over $4.00 a gallon now.

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Ellen Kozisek said…

    Not sure where you are shopping, Bgo, but I've never even seen the regular unleaded (as opposed to premium) hit $3.90. (Although, one could argue that $3.899 = $3.90.)

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Bronx Drain Cleaning said…

    Interesting post, thanks for sharing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home