Happy In Bag

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

J-O-B










I've held dozens of jobs.

A few have allowed me to live out my fantasies. Others were unimaginably awful. I've toiled for minimum wage as a grown man. I've also earned astronomical commission payments.

Most of the companies I've worked for no longer exist. It's no fun hoping your paycheck clears as you fight to keep a business afloat. One painful experience was a proverbial "bad fit." And I'm still ashamed to recall that as a teenager I walked away from an employer after only five days.

Until this week I never had a job end gracefully. No hard feelings, regrets or surprises. How liberating!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    We can all use some grace right now.

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    As a young man, I too suffered from periodic bouts of anal glaucoma. As in "I just can't see my ass going to work today."

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Don't Need Anything said…

    god man, seeing that sign makes me seriously miss home

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    i got fired from my first American job for "fighting on the job". I wasn't too proud of it then but it makes for a good story.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    Fired from the pizza joint for "accidentally" spilling a pitcher of beer on dirty old man..... Fired from a shoe store for throwing wooden spike heeled leather clogs at a shoplifter who was throwing 4" stilettos at me.... Fired from my last gig for pointing out to everyone on a conference call that the CEO was lying to us.... I'm pretty damn proud of all my firings, thank you. The graceful endings are just too boring.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home