Happy In Bag

Monday, February 23, 2009

Popcorn Is Salty











I spent Sunday afternoon in a movie theater. It'd been a while. Some things haven't changed. Popcorn is still salty, trailers remain deafening and in an otherwise empty theater, the only other patrons will sit directly in front of you. I was surprised by a few new twists. The addition of television commercials is a major drag. Discovering that people really do guffaw at gags about bodily functions was a revelation. And I learned that I'm no longer comfortable remaining entirely sedentary for two hours.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    with my blockbuster online subscription going, the only time I visit the theater is when a new kid's movie is coming out or a new James Bond.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what was the flick?

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    The last movie house I stepped into was to see No Country For Old Men. That was late November 2007. I went to an early showing so I could get in for $5.00. It was the best movie I had seen in years, TV, DVD, whatever.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is it wrong if I'm almost 27 and I still use my college I.D. (which wasn't marked with an expiration date) to still purchase movie tickets at the student rate? I've yet to be questioned about it...

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    I am 39 and still use mine :-) but it's no good for 5-dollar shows which are a better deal anyway.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I saw Slumdog, Andrew. I give it a 4 out of 5; an A-minus; a thumbs-up.

    I enjoy the movie-going experience, M.V. and BGO. It's just that I spend the majority of my discretionary income on music.

    That's why I'm intrigued by the monthly opera showings. I might not be able to resist... EDIT: I just checked on that- tickets are $22!

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    Rumor has it that AMC is raising the price of a movie ticket to $15.00

    And oh by the way they had the new big ass neon sign for the AMC Main Street turned on last night.

    It looked wonderful.

    Downtown Willie G

     

Post a Comment

<< Home