Happy In Bag

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Shovel Ready











It's unlikely that tearing up every twentieth intersection in northern Johnson County is what our new president had in mind when he advocated for "shovel-ready" construction projects. Perhaps there's a good reason that many of the same locations are dug up every twelve months. Most look like make-work schemes to me. This custom sign so baffled an elderly driver yesterday that he blocked traffic for a full minute as he contemplated its implications.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Mayor Ron said…

    That work in PV shopping center has been in the pipe line for a long time. The previous tear up there was to move phone lines first.

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Thanks for checking in, Mayor! I realize the image I used doesn't really reflect the gist of my post. (I just liked the sign.) I was thinking more about sites like Roe between Somerset and 75th. Every dang year it's torn up. What gives?

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    Nice timely post. I was headed to the Toon Shop later today. When my puppy isn't terrorizing bunnies and chipmunks he occasionally chews something up that I need, like tubes of silicon sealant or that bottle of piston valve oil for my tuba.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    When you go, UL, be sure to check out the gaping hole in the ground. It looks like there's a secret world underneath the shopping center.

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    You enter that underground world through the Toon Shop. I spent a number of Saturday afternoons in their maze of torture chambers. Within these chambers, student and teacher are subjected to any number of musical excrutiations.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Anonymous brucedene said…

    UL: Me too! And I'd like to take this opportunity to formally apologize to everybody in earshot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home