Happy In Bag

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Not Dodger Blue, Just Blue











A day after visiting Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, I watched the Royals lose again last night. I rooted much harder for the Royals, the second-worst team in baseball, than for the Dodgers, the storied team currently holding baseball's best record. I can't help it- the Royals are my team. Sure, it's cool that fans in L.A. get to watch videos by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and monitor movie box office data on their team's scoreboard. And I sure wish the Royals could feature Andre Ethier rather than Willie Bloomquist. But tonight I'm stuck pulling for Kyle Davies (29 career wins) instead of L.A.'s Jason Schmidt (130 career wins). It's a bad hop.

9 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Rick in PV said…

    I feel like I've been through all of Kubler-Ross' stages of death with the Royals: anger, bargaining, acceptance (I may have skipped denial...)

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I couldn't even watch much last night, Rick. It was too painful even by my masochistic standards.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Joel said…

    I was there! The cat running loose on the field during the 5th inning was the best part of the game.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Did you see the photo of the cat in today's paper, Joel? It's an incredible shot.

     
  • At 4:50 AM, Anonymous amritsari chicken burger in delhi said…

    Thanks for you excellent blog. So useful and practical for me. Thanks so much for sharing
    So useful and practical for me. Thanks for you excellent blog, nice work keep it up thanks for sharing the knowledge.

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Best kulfi in gurgaon said…

    This is very useful article. we are giving the repair service.By the way, Thank you for sharing with us, and we sincerely hope you will continue to update or post other articles

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger Healing World said…

    This blog contains very good information. Very helpful for me. thanks for sharing a post.
    reiki treatment course in india

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Healing World said…

    There is lot of information in this blog, thanks for sharing.
    reiki training in india

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Healing World said…

    This post includes lot of information.thanks for sharing.
    lama fera healing

     

Post a Comment

<< Home