Happy In Bag

Friday, April 21, 2006

Sentinel Sentry















"Get out of the way! You can’t walk there!"

I was strolling in front of the White House last summer when I heard the agitated yelling. I figured the protesters in Lafayette Park were just working their way through their normal chants. The hollering continued.

"We’re filming!" an indignant man told me as he approached. "You’ll have to stay out of the way."

Then I saw a couple of familiar faces. Actors Michael Douglas and Kiefer Sutherland were nearby, trying to find relief from the overbearing sun. They were making The Sentinel, a political thriller out today.

I was annoyed that a haughty film crew was restricting my access to perhaps the world’s best-known symbol of freedom. Yet like the hundreds of other star-struck tourists on Pennsylvania Avenue, I did as I was told.

I guess the hysterical conservative commentators are right. Hollywood really is controlling my actions.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kiefer!

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this blog.

    jason h.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Panos, I'm more of a Michael Douglas man myself. He's dreamy.

    P.S. I love Jason H. and Panos.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    I was actually in a movie with Michael Douglas.

    Well, sorta.

    The movie was "Adam at 6:00am" It was one of his first. It sucked. But parts of it were filmed in Excelsior Springs and Henrietta. I was an extra. The gig paid $15.00 a day. I made $15.00. Before taxes.

    IF you can find a copy, and IF you can stand to watch it, there is a scene where he is putting the moves on a local girl in his Porsche at the (now non-existant) Drive-In in Henrietta.

    I'm the completely out of focus, blurry local yokel in a blue shirt headed back to my car from the concession stand.

    About 1.5 seconds of screen time and no dialog.

    Anybody want an autograph?

    Worthless fucking agent!

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Xavier- While I'll pass on your autograph, I'd like to steal your phrase "blurry local." It'd be a great blog title and an even better band name.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's just fun to say "Kiefer!". :D

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    "Kiefer." You're right!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home