Happy In Bag

Monday, July 10, 2006

Roe? Oh No!













Three O’Clock In the Morning was right. In April I mocked him for wrting rather hysterically about the retail redevelopment in Roeland Park. My delight at the expanded chorizo selection in the spiffy new Price Chopper had clouded my judgement. I’ve been eyeing this retail satellite strip suspiciously for several weeks, hoping that I’m failing to visualize its ultimate form. It’s clear now, though, that these businesses will permanently face away from Roe, Roeland Park’s main drag. It's an urban planner's nightmare.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    That's in Johnson County, right?

    Don't care.

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Don't Need Anything said…

    i was right at the walgreens this morning and i just noticed that. whos brilliant idea was that!?

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    XO- I was so eager to slap you down by telling you it's Wyandotte County, but alas, it's a few hundred yards into JoCo.

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I work at the Walgreens at that intersection, and I completely agree. It's not easy to drive into any of the parking lots, the Wal-Mart's parking lot is in particular a complete disaster, and, as you've pointed out, some of the stores actually face AWAY from Roe Blvd. It's no surprise that our store has such low-volume traffic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home