Happy In Bag

Friday, June 23, 2006

Smokin'


















I don’t miss it.

I started smoking regularly when I was a little older than the kid pictured on this library video. I was raised by a family of smokers and I suppose being awoken early every morning to the sound of people hacking up pieces of fried lung made me want to get in on that action.

A girl motivated me to quit a long time ago, and like many ex-smokers, I can’t stand to be around lit cigarettes. Smoke coming from a car window at a stoplight gives me an instant headache. That kind of mild, unexpected exposure is somehow even worse than a full assault at a bar.

Uh oh. Revisiting this subject rekindles a dormant urge. How much is a pack of Marlboro Lights these days?

6 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know what it is, but pictures of kids smoking are so friggin' adorable. *sigh*

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    It's because smoking makes you look so damn cool.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    14 months smoke free and counting. F'ing urges still hit me like a freight train now and again. Psychological addicition can be a real bitch...

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    13 months for me!

    I have no urges. Well, sexual ones, yeah.

    To answer your question... nearly $4 a pack if not more.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger WLIB said…

    $4? To think that my dad gave up smoking in disgust when cigarettes went above 50 cents a pack.

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    I want to quit. I'm going to quit. I swear I am. Really. Honest. I am.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home