Happy In Bag

Friday, January 11, 2008

Be Financially Successful














While I can't expect anyone to believe it at this late date, I once held a series of lucrative sales jobs. I even had a few blockbuster years characterized by the glorious sound of ka-ching. Success brought consolidation, and along with it, formal restraints. The beginning of the end of that career is represented by this document. Instead of focusing on selling more widgets to Wal-Mart, I was forced to endure endless human resources meetings about "core values." A year or two after the HR department somehow achieved supremacy over the sales force, this publicly-held business filed for bankruptcy.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    Where is my barf bag?

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    we had to know "five objectives" that our company was trying to achieve. we were told that random calls will be made to see if we know the objectives. I said if they call me I'll pull the old "i don't speak English" excuse.No one called.

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Spyder said…

    WAt work we were just talking about how HR isn't human any more.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Not sure if you disapprove of me or the message, BGO...

    Same here, Meesha- I had to keep that memo taped to my wall in case of surprise interrogations.

    There seems to be a limited perspective coming out of that department, Spyder.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    Two faced lies, office politics and psycho babble. Been there, fired for that. You can't seem to get or keep a job that provides health insurance now unless you drink the kool-aide. I'm more of a vodka rocks person myself.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Sounds like it's the same all over, RG.

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    No dis to you HIB but the chart did offend me.

    I've had so much crap like this fall my way that my capacity for being an evil force equal to Anton Chigurh is a sure thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home