Happy In Bag

Friday, December 28, 2007

Bye Bye, B.B.










It began with her initials. I've always felt an affinity with the inordinate number of people with the initials of "B.B." I've also been known to swoon over attractive women with dark hair and olive complexions. So I began following Benazir Bhutto's career with great interest when I became aware of her in the '80s. Her soothing speaking style and strong message had me pulling for her in January's election. Wednesday morning I mourned for a woman on the other side of the world.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    I am not surprised at the riots breaking out. I was a teenager when MLK was murdered in 1968. I feel the anger and pain of those in Bhutto's homeland who longed for peace, prosperity and a secular democracy where millions might thrive. Now it is descending into uncontrolable maddness.

    She was an extraordinary human.

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that ring you are wearing in your picture. Is that real gold?

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Thanks, BGO.

    Why do you ask, Paintman? Are you interested?

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Bea said…

    Hello! It's Beatriz. We met at the blogger meet up. I wanted to thank you for sharing your weblogs with me. I'm now trying to catch up with everyone. :-)

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Bea- Carlos Vives at www.therestandstheglass.com soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home