Happy In Bag

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

In Any Other Language










I was dispatched to a large gift shop in a ritzy Johnson County neighborhood to purchase a Spanish language seasonal greeting card. With several aisles and thousands of options available, my only concern was finding the appropriate section. I discovered an area dedicated to cards "From the Kitty" and "For Fido." (You people are freaks.) Ah- here it is. Italian cards. German cards. French cards. Wait- where are the Spanish cards? There's not even a slot for one. Yeah...

6 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    Try Mexican stores, there are plenty of them in Olathe and I am sure in KCK. There you'd get a real thing.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Try Wal-Mart.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Every place that has card, Hallmark, Walgreens, etc always has Spanish cards... maybe they are just out completely, but I don't think I have ever had a problem finding one.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There are lots of places to get Spanish cards if the ritzy place blows you off with a "Feliz Navidad Looser"

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    Nice broad brush you paint with there, HIB. I find it hard to believe that a store would go to the lengths to have French and German greeting cards and specifically exclude cards in Spanish. Perhaps you just missed them.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Thanks, everybody.

    I hope you're right and I'm wrong, Logtar and UL. But I don't think so...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home