Happy In Bag

Friday, December 14, 2007

Worse Than Watching Paint Dry


One of the many disadvantages to being a shut-in is maintaining a sense of proportion. Yesterday's ice melt seemed like such a monumental event that I limped outside to get this footage. Here's the caption I wrote for YouTube: "What's more boring than watching paint dry? How about watching ice melt! Even so, I couldn't resist filming the bombardment created by the sun's emergence a couple days after a moderate ice storm. The sound you hear isn't rain. And the white flashes aren't blemishes in the film. It's ice falling from trees."

2 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    Couldn't keep my Cairn Terrier out of the barrage. We played 'chase around the barn" more than once. The stink of Dirk permeates the house.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Hooked by Joy said…

    May I use your photo of the Wild Women (September 2005 post) on our web page? You can check it out at www.brownvilleconcertseries.com

    They'll be performing in Brownville on July 18-20. You can let me know at debjoy@hughes.net

    Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home