Happy In Bag

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Standing On the Corner











It should come as no surprise to Happy In Bag readers that I love going to clubs, concert halls and arenas to hear live music. Everything about the experience continues to thrill me. Of the hundred-plus nights I've spent at live music venues in 2007, only on about five occasions did I have less than a good time. Here's a list of my 25 favorite shows of the year. I'm pleased to note that 18 different Kansas City-area performance spaces are represented. And I didn't even include anything from Ameristar, the Beaumont, the Blue Room, the Brick, Club Kandi, Memorial Hall, Municipal Auditorium or the Record Bar. That speaks really well for the vibrancy of Kansas City's music scene.

Update: I posted a list of my 25 favorite songs of 2007 here.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess you missed Radio Birdman at Record Bar a few months back ... Shredding punk from 50-ish original band members. And King Kahn and BBQ Show there the other day was tops, too!

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    'Fraid so, Rick. I especially regret missing RB.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home