Happy In Bag

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Stuff I Like













I'm more Eminem than Ira Glass. That's according to a quiz in Stuff White People Like. A snarky family member gave me the book on Christmas. I'm plenty "white" enough to understand the gags, but I'm too geeky, middle-class and self-absorbed to serve as a poster boy for the author's favorite themes. Only a handful of items apply directly to me. As Meesha has pointed out, I'm obsessed with "Black Music That Black People Don't Listen To Anymore". I also love the Wrigley Field experience. The success of this concept and that of a local blogger so inspired me that I've started work on potential knock-off books. Yet when I share my hilarious material for Stuff Black People Like, Stuff Poor People Like and Stuff Mrs. Bridge Likes with associates, they're not the least bit amused. It must be because they're white.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    My daughter gave me Cara's book for Christmas. You better get moving or all the subjects will be covered without you.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    Stuff Gangstas Like, Stuff Posers Like, Ol' Skool Stuff 4 New Skool 2, I Am Bougie (And So Can You!), Stuff White People Didn't Think They Liked, and last but not least, That's Country No Matter Who You Are.

    We'll save the I Can Has Cheezburger satire projects for a later date.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Will you be my editor, RG? See, Meesha, there's an endless supply of ideas.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home