Happy In Bag

Friday, February 27, 2009

Gritters and Grinders











"You chose the wrong hummus!" a mustachioed man howled. After an awkward moment or two, I ascertained that my accuser at the grocery store was a free sample guy. He shoved a dip-laden chip in my face. "Try," he insisted. "Is good." It was delicious. I dutifully returned my initial selection and picked up Yummy's Choice. The man's image was on the packaging. It cost a little more, but I'm always going to side with the gritters and grinders.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    Was it downtown cosentino's? he sells pita sandwiches there

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger brucedene said…

    Man, if I had a dime every time I chose the wrong hummus...

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Yes, M.V. I guess he was multi-tasking that day.

    Are you busting my chops, BD?

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the gyros down at cosentino's are delicious. "you want spicy?"

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger The DLC said…

    I've seen this guy at the Brookside one before--he's kind of hilarious. He sells a couple of other crazy spreads that are quite delicious.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    There's a cartoonish quality about the man- I mean that as a compliment- that I appreciate.

    I'll get after the gyros on my next visit, Anon.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mr. Yummy is the hardest working man in (grocery) show business ... and his hummus and labne are good, if a bit pricey. My kids like the fried pita chips, too, but I refuse to buy any more of those grease-laden items ...

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Ni-Chern Designs said…

    I just had some of his baklava!! DELICIOUS!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home