Happy In Bag

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Celebrity Dining











It hurts to admit it- my friends were right. Associates have long insisted that Blue Koi is one the best restaurant groups in Kansas City. Although I set out to prove them wrong, my recent experience at the new Leawood location was nothing short of spectacular. Outside of dim sum at Bo Ling's, Blue Koi's creative kitchen staff served up the best Chinese-based meal I've had in this town. I'm late to the party. My fellow diners included local celebrities and the power elite.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    I guess that means you enjoyed your 'power lunch'.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I was on my best behavior, BGO. Otherwise I might have been tempted to ask for autographs and loans.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    That location is one of my favorites for peoplewatching of the rich variety. Rich people out to eat can be a very entertaining bunch...I once sat next to a woman that was so thin, I thought she would disappear if she caught the right angle, and it was kind of funny to see her peering at me as I ate my robust dinner while she nibbled on her plate of noodles she was pretending to eat. That was a fun night.

    (I actually prefer the quietness of the place at lunchtime.)

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Rick in PV said…

    The basil chicken is to die for!

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    I'm not skinny and I never pretended to eat noodles at Blue Koi.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger punkyjunk said…

    i'm not skinny either, but my first experience at blue koi was not one for the record books. perhaps it's time to give it another shot soon...

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ive eaten at the one on 39th street 3 times... by far the best chinese food in KC, that Ive had.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home