Happy In Bag

Monday, November 09, 2009

Yeah, But Where Is It?











I celebrated a big day last week with an extravagant lunch at 1924 Main. The restaurant's kitchen gave me additional cause for exuberance. The 3-for-$15 menu provided my single best meal of 2009. Fried green beans and hominy! Mussels! Rock shrimp soup! Pulled pork sandwich! And although it's an overtly masculine room, it was nice to be surrounded by attractive women in business suits. I'm already pinching pennies to save up for a return visit.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    I won't mention the place where I had tough stroganoff. At least the music of Doug Talley and friends made up the difference.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Rick in PV said…

    Wait -- that's four items. Did you spend $20, then? I've had a couple of fine meals at 1924, too.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Tough Stroganoff would be a good band name, UL.

    I don't hesitate to poach food off the plates of other diners, Rick.

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    I used to play in a bass horn quartet called the 2X4.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home