Happy In Bag

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Fly Over This

Touching down at KCI is often accompanied by an emotional letdown. Sure, life in Kansas City is good, but it’s inevitably less dynamic than the place I just visited.

But returning from Southern California last night felt different. After navigating the immense highway system in Los Angeles hours earlier, I-29's six lanes seemed laughably puny. And after practically living in a rental car the past five days, the trek home passed in mere moments.

While out west, I was based in Orange County. All strip malls and subdivisions, it’s really nothing more than a mature Johnson County with six times the population. Of course, Kansas City lacks California’s amenities, but that’s all just a few hours away on Southwest Airlines.

As I hurtled through Platte Woods, Kansas City suddenly seemed easy. I could own this town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home