Happy In Bag

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Bang

Gooey, yellow-green excrement rained like Seussian oobleck.

Approximately six dozen starlings bombed me from their locust tree perches each time I refilled the birdbath in my backyard yesterday. Within five minutes, the bath would be as dry as Carl Peterson’s wit.

I feed birds year-round, and lately I’ve managed to extend the stay of a few relatively rare migratory birds, including a stunning red-headed woodpecker. These rapacious, ugly starlings are spoiling my efforts. Only a odd gaggle of male robins, along with a couple of mean squirrels that I haven’t managed to eradicate yet, dared challenge the starling’s numbers yesterday.

I wonder if Wal-Mart sells silencers for shotguns.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice... I think you might enjoy my post here:

    The Birds

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I encourage my legions of readers to watch this Pennsylvanian's dramatic video. A flock of starlings literally splits a tree in two. It's evil.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home