Happy In Bag

Monday, May 08, 2006

Bourgeois In Brookside













I couldn’t walk twenty steps Friday night at the Brookside art fair without running into a familiar face. For someone who’s overtly anti-social, it was a remarkable achievement. Then the horrible realization hit me. This is who I am.

I’d like to consider myself a wholly unique individual. But in reality, I’m just another conventionally middle class, left-leaning Kansas Citian with a dog and a mortgage. There are exceptions among my friends and family- such as the junkie in California, the welfare mother in Texas, the brilliant scientist in Washington, and the fundamentalist Christian in Tennessee- but they’re outnumbered by the Brookside Art Fair types.

Excuse me, I’m going to chat with that impressionist painter from Santa Fe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home